Friday, December 11, 2015

The Christmas Parade

If you know me, you will know that Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love how happy everyone is in the weeks leading up to Christmas, and the fact that for just a few weeks it is acceptable to wear horrible Christmas sweaters (which I love so so so so much). For the past four years I have gone to watch the Christmas parade that takes place in downtown Dallas, and this year was no exception. Although it may not be on as large of a scale as the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in NYC, I still love going to it. Once I go to the parade, I know that I can officially start the countdown to Christmas. This year the weather could not have been more perfect- It was cold enough to need to wear a coat, but not so cold that my fingers felt like they were going to fall off, which was a relief. I remember one year I brought with four different blankets, a coat, a sweater, and gloves, yet I was still freezing. Overall, the parade was just as wonderful as it usually is. Here are some pictures I took, I hope you like them! I think I have finally figured out the settings on my camera that work the best (it only took me three years, haha)!

This may be the best picture I have ever taken! Everything is so perfectly in focus.
The Stormtroopers were so festive.
Mrs. Claus!
"You smell like beef and cheese, you don't smell like Santa!" Does anyone know what movie that's from?

-Melissa P. Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment